Friday, September 5, 2008

Tithe by Holly Black

I have recently found the books Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside. These books are of the sci-fi fantasy genre and are about faeries. These books start off a little slow but I was soon captivated and intrigued by the grotesque images that Holly Black can portray about, what I thought they were-little winged creatures that live in your garden-faeries. I was impressed by her writing and I hope to find a fourth book out soon.

I liked all three books, but when I first read Valiant I found out that it was not about the same characters. They are actually about some different characters. But in the third book, Ironside everything rights itself out.

Now the end of the last book is a little bit too faerie-tale for me, but...

Brieleigh M.

4 comments:

J. Pingrey said...

I am intrigued about your post on this series. You'll have to explain the faeries to me...I have the same "garden faerie" pictured in my mind. What did you mean by the last one was "too faerie-tale" for you? Was it a lot different from the others? Which series did you like better: this one or Twilight? Happy reading :)

Hannah said...

I'm also very interested in Holly Black's definition for faeries. And I believe that there are other well written series out there besides Twilight, but I don't think anything about faeries could be nearly as good as werewolves and vampires. But I don't know, maybe they are.

Brieleigh said...

Hey, I am answering Ms. Pingrey's post.
The faeries were savage, untamed beasts... not very nice.
The last one was just "and they all lived happily ever after" I mean don't get me wrong I love happy endings but I thought it was just too faerie tale.
The second one was a lot different just because it is about other people in a different place.
And I liked the Twilight series better, I like stephenie meyers form of writing a little bit better.

Julia said...

it sounds like my kind of faeries...lol...i dont like the "extremely happy all the time" faeries